Welcome to the Servant Leadership HCI Academy Micro-Credential course!
In the Servant Leadership self-paced, asynchronous 5 - hour upskilling micro-credential course, you will complete the following 5 modules:
Module 1 - Humility and Successful Organizational Leadership
Module 2 - Healing of Self, Others, Organizations, and Societies
Module 3 - Stewardship in Leadership and Followership
Module 4 - The Importance of Awareness of Self, Others, and Situations
Module 5 - Commitment to the Growth of People and Servant Leadership
In each module, you will need to watch the approximately 30-minute video, reflect on your key take-aways and personal and organizational application, and participate in the discussion forum.
Additionally, you will be required to complete and apply three readings, a learning activity, a podcast listening activity, a final application assessment, and a course evaluation in order to finish the course.
Once you have completed all of the course requirements, you will receive a micro-credential certificate and achievement badge, which you will be able to include in the education, certificates, and achievements section on your LinkedIn profile and on your resume.
Learning Objectives for this Course:
1. Understand the principles and values of servant leadership and how they differ from traditional leadership approaches.
2. Develop the skills and abilities necessary to practice servant leadership, including empathy, humility, and a focus on the needs of others.
3. Learn how to create a culture of servant leadership within an organization, and how to motivate and inspire others to embrace this leadership style.
4. Explore real-world examples of servant leadership in action and learn from the successes and challenges of others who have adopted this approach.
5. Develop a personal action plan for incorporating servant leadership into your own leadership practice, and learn how to measure and track your progress in becoming a more effective servant leader.
Happy learning, application, and personal and professional growth!
Featured voices in this course include:
- Dr. Jonathan Westover, Chair/Professor of Organizational Leadership, Managing Partner and Principal, HCI
- Dr. Eric Russell, Associate Professor of Emergency Services, UVU
This Program, ID No. 592295, has been approved for 5.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
This Program, ID: 24-VXPDZ, has been approved for 5.00 HR (General) SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCPHR recertification through SHRM, as part of the knowledge and competency programs related to the SHRM Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge™ (the SHRM BASK™).
Additionally, Human Capital Innovations has been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute to offer educational programs that can be used towards initial eligibility and recertification of the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credentials. Each HCI Academy micro-credential qualifies for 5.00 points.