Welcome to the Strategic People Management Capstone course!
In the Strategic People Management Capstone self-paced, asynchronous 5 - hour upskilling micro-credential course, you will complete an applied and integrated capstone project.
Through this capstone course, students will be able to apply the theoretical and practical knowledge attained throughout the prior 3 micro-credential courses. You will demonstrate your understanding of people management and leadership dimensions in your current area of interest.
More specifically, for the Strategic People Management Capstone assignment, you will research what motivates employees to perform. Then, you will assess how leadership type and rewards can improve employee motivation. A motivated workforce is integral to organizational success and profitability. You will create a workforce management and rewards model. A rewards plan that does not stem from a strong motivation core will not be sustainable. When constructing the plan, examine how organizational structure and culture impact the types of compensation, benefits, and other opportunities offered.
Additionally, as part of your capstone course, you will have the opportunity to attend a live mastermind session with your instructor and other classmates, all who come from a variety of different leadership and executive roles. You will have a chance to share the idea for your capstone project with others and leverage the collective wisdom and insights of the group!
Finally, you will be required to complete a course evaluation in order to complete the course. Once you completed all of the course requirements, you will receive a micro-credential certificate and achievement badge, which you will be able to include in the education, certificates, and achievements section on your LinkedIn profile and on your resume.
Learning Outcomes for this Course:
1. Develop an understanding of the principles and theories of effective people management, including the roles and responsibilities of managers and leaders.
2. Build skills in key areas of people management, such as communication, conflict resolution, performance management, and team building.
3. Learn how to create and implement effective strategies for managing and developing employees, including setting goals and objectives, providing feedback and coaching, and promoting learning and development.
4. Develop the ability to create a positive and inclusive workplace culture, including the ability to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion.
5. Understand the legal and ethical considerations involved in people management, including issues related to employment laws and regulations.
6. Develop the ability to apply the principles and practices of people management in real-world situations.
Happy learning, application, and personal and professional growth!
Featured voices in this course include:
- Dr. Jonathan Westover, Chair/Professor of Organizational Leadership, Managing Partner and Principal, HCI
This Program, ID No. 592338, has been approved for 5.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
This Program, ID: 24-2FM2X, has been approved for 5.00 HR (General) SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCPHR recertification through SHRM, as part of the knowledge and competency programs related to the SHRM Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge™ (the SHRM BASK™).
Additionally, Human Capital Innovations has been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute to offer educational programs that can be used towards initial eligibility and recertification of the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credentials. Each HCI Academy micro-credential qualifies for 5.00 points.