Welcome to the cohort-based virtual hybrid Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging HCI Academy Micro-Credential course!
In the cohort-based virtual hybrid Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging 7.5 - hour upskilling micro-credential course, you will complete the following 5 modules:
Module 1 - The Correlation Between Resilience and Diversity & Inclusion
Module 2 - Implementation of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
Module 3 - Using Metrics to Support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Module 4 - Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging Technologies
Module 5 - Equity: How to Design Organizations Where Everyone Thrives
In each module, you will need to watch the approximately 25-minute video, reflect on your key take-aways and personal and organizational application, and participate in the discussion forum. Following each learning video, we will hold a 30-minute live virtual session that will give you the chance to discuss the course materials with other professionals and with your professor. You will also be able to ask questions and explore application of the materials to your particular workplace setting and content.
Additionally, you will be required to complete and apply three readings, a learning activity, a podcast listening activity, a final application assessment, and a course evaluation in order to finish the course.
Once you have completed all of the course requirements, you will receive a micro-credential certificate and achievement badge, which you will be able to include in the education, certificates, and achievements section on your LinkedIn profile and on your resume.
Learning Objectives for this Course:
1. Understand the concepts of diversity, equity, and inclusion and their importance in today's world.
2. Develop an awareness of one's own biases and how they can impact others.
3. Learn how to create and maintain inclusive environments within one's own workplace or community.
4. Identify and address systemic barriers to equity and inclusion in various settings.
5. Develop strategies for promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in a variety of settings, such as schools, organizations, and communities.
6. Understand the impact of diversity, equity, and inclusion on individual and collective well-being, and how to measure progress in these areas.
Happy learning, application, and personal and professional growth!
Featured voices in this course include:
- Dr. Jonathan Westover, Chair/Professor of Organizational Leadership, Managing Partner and Principal, HCI
- Julien Lefort, Resilience and Success Coach at FutureMinds
- Mickell Jimenez, Partner Holland & Hart LLP
- Shannon Prince, Associate at Boies Schiller Flexner LLP
- Stacia Sherman Garr, Co-founder and Principal Analyst at RedThread Research
- Minal Bopaiah, Founder and Principal Consultant at Brevity & Wit
This Program, ID No. 592123, has been approved for 7.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
This Program, ID: 24-VPRFZ, has been approved for 7.5 HR (General) SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCPHR recertification through SHRM, as part of the knowledge and competency programs related to the SHRM Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge™ (the SHRM BASK™).
Additionally, Human Capital Innovations has been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute to offer educational programs that can be used towards initial eligibility and recertification of the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credentials. Each HCI Academy micro-credential qualifies for 7.5 points.