Welcome to the Foundations of Leadership HCI Academy Micro-Credential course!
In the Foundations of Leadership self-paced, asynchronous 5 - hour upskilling micro-credential course, you will complete the following 5 modules:
Module 1 - 8 Pillars of Everyday Leadership
Module 2 - Making Wise Decisions as a Leader
Module 3 - Aligning Heart, Mind, and Body Intelligence in Our Leadership Approach
Module 4 - Keeping an Open Mind, Staying Curious, and Willing to Learn from Others
Module 5 - How to be a Leader Across Language and Cultural Barriers
In each module, you will need to watch the approximately 25-minute video, reflect on your key take-aways and personal and organizational application, and participate in the discussion forum.
Additionally, you will be required to complete and apply three readings, a learning activity, a podcast listening assignment, a final application assessment, and a course evaluation in order to finish the course.
Once you have completed all of the course requirements, you will receive a micro-credential certificate and achievement badge, which you will be able to include in the education, certificates, and achievements section on your LinkedIn profile and on your resume.
Learning Objectives of this Course:
1. Understand the key concepts and theories of leadership, including different leadership styles and approaches.
2. Develop self-awareness and self-management skills, including emotional intelligence and personal effectiveness.
3. Learn how to communicate effectively and build positive relationships with others.
4. Understand the importance of ethics and integrity in leadership.
5. Learn how to motivate and inspire others, and create a positive work environment.
6. Develop the skills and knowledge needed to lead teams and organizations, and manage change effectively.
Happy learning, application, and personal and professional growth!
Featured voices in this course include:
- Dr. Jonathan Westover, Chair/Professor of Organizational Leadership, Managing Partner and Principal, HCI
- Ash Beckham, Accidental Activist, Dynamic Speaker, Storyteller
- Jill McAbe, Business Coach at BOOM-U
- Hema Vyas, Psychologist, Life Leadership Mentor, Keynote Speake, and Workshop & Retreat Leader
- Chris Wise, Founder and CEO at Wise Profits
- Mark Delaney, Founder at The Veteran Professional
This Program, ID No. 590812, has been approved for 5.00 HR (General) and 5.00 Business recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®).
This Program, ID: 24-3PMTQ, has been approved for 5.00 HR (General) SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCPHR recertification through SHRM, as part of the knowledge and competency programs related to the SHRM Body of Applied Skills and Knowledge™ (the SHRM BASK™).
Additionally, Human Capital Innovations has been pre-approved by the ATD Certification Institute to offer educational programs that can be used towards initial eligibility and recertification of the Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) and Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credentials. Each HCI Academy micro-credential qualifies for 5.00 points.