Since 2007, the HCI team has been helping our clients break through the personal and organizational obstacles that seem to be holding them back in their professional life. Life's too short to be unhappy, unsure, or unfulfilled at work. Let us help you learn and develop better ways to handle the issues that are standing in the way of your professional goals and organizational success. Let us help you learn how to create and maintain a people-centric workplace and organizational culture.
Our HCI Academy upskill and re-skill courses, high-demand micro-credentials, and professional certificates are industry-recognized and cover the most important issues facing organizational leaders and human resources professionals today.
Our curriculum of industry-leading human resources and organizational leadership courses help managers and leaders navigate complex organizational, leadership, and HR issues, stay at the cutting edge of innovation in HR, and bring their whole selves to their work. The applied curriculum will help you make your mark on the future of work and make an immediate impact in your organization!
All HCI Academy courses, high-demand micro-credentials, and professional certificates are designed, developed, and delivered by award-winning and internationally renowned scholars, educators, thought leaders, executives, and practitioners. Each course is approved for 5 hours of recertification credits from the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) and verified via Credly.
Get in touch today to see what we can do for you and your organization.
• Visiting Scholar, European University Institute, Florence, Italy (2023)
• Outstanding Leader in Experiential Education Award, National Society for Experiential Education, 2021
• Book Review Editor and Board Member, The Social Science Journal (Western Social Sciences Association), 2021-present.
• National Science Foundation Grant, Undergraduate Preparation through Multidisciplinary Service Learning at Utah Lake, 2020-2024
• Visiting Academic at Harris Manchester College at the University of Oxford (2019)
• Fulbright Scholar and AMINEF Senior Scholar at Atma Jaya Catholic University in Jakarta, Indonesia (2018)
• Senior Fellow, The Higher Education Academy (Heslington, UK), 2018-present
• Academic Fellow, CIPD (London, UK), 2018-present
• Learning Innovation Research Fellow at the Institute of Teaching and Learning Innovation at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia (2017)
• Visiting Scholar at the East-West Center in Washington (2017)
• POSCO Fellow at the East-West Center in Honolulu, Hawaii (2016)
• Visiting Scholar in the Kennan Institute at the Wilson Center in Washington, D.C. (2015)
• Fulbright Scholar at Belarusian State University in Minsk, Belarus (2012) Education
Jonathan received his Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology: Research and Analysis (with minors in management and Korean) from the College of Family, Home, and Social Sciences and his Master of Public Administration degree (emphases in Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management) from the Marriott School of Management at Brigham Young University. He received his Ph.D. in Sociology (emphases in International Political Economy and Work and Organizations) from the College of Social and Behavioral Science at the University of Utah. He has also received graduate certificates in demography and higher education teaching from the University of Utah.